A rapidly growing city benefits from an experienced guide—a partner capable of navigating roadblocks and keeping projects on track. Since 1987, Harris has provided this guidance to the City of Tracy in the form of critical management and financial engineering services. The engagement began with Harris providing comprehensive public facilities program and construction management services for two specific plan areas of the City’s $150 million Capital Improvement Program.
Since then, Harris has provided on-call program management services for numerous specific plan areas. As part of this work, Harris has assisted the City by managing consultants through all aspects of the entitlement process, from technical studies to master plans for new development. The Harris team has created, annually updated, and administered more than a dozen finance and implementation plans that establish the City’s Development Impact Fees.
Harris works across all departments at the City to bring together public works, engineering, planning, finance, parks, police, and fire to provide the City with the funding needed to maintain a high quality while facilitating new development
Through 30-plus years of serving the City of Tracy, Harris has facilitated dozens of residential, commercial, and industrial developments, as well as school and park sites, on thousands of acres and has been responsible for the financing of over a billion dollars in infrastructure improvements.
Harris’ broad spectrum of services has included:
- Yearly review of estimated and actual project costs with subsequent revision of the City’s development impact fee structure
- Development Impact Fee analysis and report preparation under AB1600
- Reimbursement audits and tracking for public infrastructure reimbursements
- Cash flow analysis
- Project scheduling (planning, design, and construction)
- Consultant selection and management
- Technical review and oversight during the development of master plans and studies
- Oversight during the entitlement process
- Contract administration
- Annual budget assistance
- Landscape and Lighting District administration and update
Beyond the Blueprints
Continuity can elevate the comfort level of working partners in a manner that expedites progress. That has been the case in this long relationship, with Harris earning the trust of the City and major stakeholders. The Harris team has proven their ability to develop management tools that keep projects moving forward.