For more than 15 years, Harris has assisted the City of Carlsbad with several assessment districts. The relationship started with the administration of Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance Assessment District No. 1 (LLD No. 1) and the Buena Vista Channel Maintenance District Benefit Area No. 1 for the FY 2003-2004 levy process. In 2004, LLD No. 1 did not generate enough revenue to wholly fund maintenance expenditures for the improvements throughout the City. Harris assisted in the formation of Landscaping and Lighting Maintenance Assessment District No. 2 (LLD No. 2) to cover the City’s expenditures lighting and landscaping improvements for areas of new development.
Harris’ ongoing services for the City of Carlsbad include:
- Updating databases each year per the latest County Assessor’s Roll
- Assisting the City in the annexation of new development areas into LLD No. 2
- Preparing the annual Engineer’s Reports
- Assisting at City Council meetings
- Submitting assessments to the County for inclusion on the property tax bills